Design Copyright or commonly regarded as Copyright is the exclusive legal right given by the designer/ design owner to client or contest holder to announce, print, copy or authorize its use without any limit in accordance to the constitution that applies.
In this case the designer grant copyright permission for the client to use the design.
As the Contest Holder, client reserves the right to full Design Copyright when the designer hands over the File Master to you.
For all Design Copyright matters, Sribu has gone through several extent to ensure the protection of it, such as:
- Verifies all Sribu designers through an evaluation before approving their joining request.
- Uses a trusted third party vendor for all copyright transfer issues
- Applies a systematical copyright transfer procedure for both client and designer.
Patents are protections for intellectual works that are technological in nature, or also known as inventions, and contain technical solutions / solutions to problems found in pre-existing technology.
To get a patent, you can submit a patent application to the Direktorat Jenderal Kekayaan Intelektual (HKI).
The Importance of Patent Rights
As long as the registered trademark of the Client is still within the period of brand protection which is 10 years from the date of registration, then if a violation is committed by another party against the registered mark (including using the registered mark on other products outside the product produced by the Client as the owner registered mark), the Client can file a lawsuit against the party who committed the violation based on the provisions of the applicable Trademark Law.
The client shall submit an application to DKJI by fulfilling the following requirements:
- Patent specifications: Which include: invention title, invention background, invention description, pictures and explanations, as well as feature limitations of which declared new and inventive by the inventor, so that they are eligible for patent rights.
- Four copies of application form,
- Patent Application Fee of Rp. 750,000.00.
For further details related to the details of the requirements, please check on the DJKI website page regarding patent registration: https://dgip.go.id/pengenalan-paten
Febian Rocky Ardira - Senior Associate
MULTI COUNSELOR - ATTORNEY
Level 11, One Pacific Place
Sudirman Central Business District
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 52-53, Jakarta 12190, Indonesia
Tel.: +6221 29859888, Fax.: +6221 29859889, Mobile.: +628118107335
If you have any questions, you can contact us at: +6221 3110 6996 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org